Musings from the Office
- A big focus for me in both the short and long terms is total mileage. To that end, I’m stacking slow and steady miles, both running and walking. If the distance is walkable and time isn’t a factor, I’m walking. Goal for January is 150 total miles of dedicated walking/running.
- I met Alexis’ family this weekend in South Arkansas. I was pretty nervous heading in, but it went well. Amazing food and lots of games. The Delta is an interesting place; the pace is slowed way down.
- Prior to Alexis, I’ve had three serious relationships. All three of them began as long-distance. I don’t have experience starting a new relationship and being in the same city. So it’s a fun new position to figure out and explore the nuances of.
- It’s cold as hell in Little Rock. I’m longing for the days of 75-degree Christmas.
- Scott and I saw The Big Short last night. I flipped off Bank of America on my way to work this morning. Sticking it to the man, I am.
- The Patriots finished the season 2-4 and that’s troubling heading into the playoffs. Deflate all the balls.